Using your 2018 VA Home Loan Benefit in San Jose, part 1 – Purchase a home
The VA Home Loan benefit is a great opportunity for San Jose Veterans and Active Duty Military to purchase a home or condo. We thought it would be a good idea to quickly review the benefits of VA Loans, and a few ways to use them to your benefit.
VA Loans require zero down payment up to $679,650 in San Jose and throughout Santa Clara County.
- VA Loans – zero down payment required up to $453,100
- VA Jumbo Loans – zero down payment required up to $679,650 (aka VA High Balance)
- VA Jumbo Loans up to $1.5M (with downpayment/equity)
For 2018, San Jose VA Loans are available up to $679,650 with zero down payment required. The San Jose VA Loan Limit in 2018 is $679,650. However, San Jose Veterans are not limited to the Santa Clara County Loan limit of $679,650 for VA Loans. We offer VA Jumbo Loans up to $1.5 Million with the appropriate down payment or equity to reach the VA Guarantee requirements of 25% of the loan amount. Here is one of our posts on how you can get a VanDyk Mortgage VA Loan over your county limit.
Here are a few ways to use your VA home loan Benefit in San Jose to purchase a home:
- VA Loan to Purchase a single family home up to $453K with zero down payment and no MI (mortgage insurance)
- VA Jumbo Loan to Purchase a home up to $679,650 with zero down payment and no MI
- VA Loan to purchase a Condo in San Jose – up to $453K with zero down payment or MI
- VA Jumbo Loan to purchase a Condo in San Jose – up to $679,650 with zero down payment and no MI required.
- VA Jumbo Loan to purchase a $900,000 home in San Jose with just a $55,088 down payment required (6.121%)
- VA Jumbo loan to purchase a $1.25m San Jose home with just $142,588 (11.407%) down payment and no MI (mortgage insurance)
VA Home Loan info for San Jose, California:
- Active Duty Military and Veterans can both qualify
- 100% financing up to $679,650
- Available up to $1.5M with suitable down payment/Equity in home
- VA Loans require no Mortgage Insurance
- VA Loans do require a VAFF (VA Funding Fee), which is usually financed
- Veterans with a 10% or higher VA disability pay no VA Funding fee
- VA Loans are not just for first time homebuyers
- VA Jumbo Loans are offered at competitive rates that will surprise you, in a good way.
- Sellers can pay up to 4% of the VA Buyers closing costs
- VA Loans can be used to purchase VA Approved Condominiums with zero down
VanDyk is your source for VA backed Condo loans. We also do not have a waiting period for “flips”. This is often called the Flip Rule or VA Flip Rule. VanDyk does not require the seller of a property to wait 90 days before allowing a VA buyer to purchase the property, only 1 day.
VanDyk Mortgage is a Proud VA Direct Lender. VanDyk Mortgage has been making FHA & VA loans since 1987. We are a HUD recognized Full Eagle FHA DE underwriter and FHA Direct Lender. Go with the Government Loan Pros, go with VanDyk. Visit us at http://www.vandykfunding.com/ or call Brian Skaar direct at 760-752-4480 for help with your VA or FHA loan.
Go with the Government Loan Pros, go with VanDyk. Call Brian Skaar direct at 866-900-2342 for help with your VA loan. We serve the entire state of California plus Washington state, including: California,Southern California, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Brea, Diamond, Long beach, Huntington beach, Irvine, Costa Mesa, Hollywood, North Hollywood, San Mateo, Ventura, Riverside, Oakland, Fremont, Sunnyvale, Santa maria, Oceanside, Vista, Escondido, Los Angeles, Murrieta, Temecula, Corona, Riverside, Rancho Bernardo, Poway, San Marcos, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, and all areas in between.
>>> Get started here on your VA Loan PreApproval or give us a call at 866-900-2342 (toll free direct)